Sigilon Therapeutics is seeking a Scientist to join the Assays group, which develops and performs biological assays for multiple therapeutic programs across the company.
- Independently develop and perform standardize protocols for quantifying and assessing the activity of therapeutic proteins, including ELISA / MSD, cell-based assays, and biochemical / enzymatic assays.
- Assess scientific literature in a variety of therapeutic areas to design experiments and develop / optimize assays.
- Analyze, interpret, and present experimental data in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Write and review SOPs, study reports, posters / publications, and technical sections of regulatory filings.
- Coordinate with molecular / cell biology, engineering, and in vivo team members to ensure timely delivery of assay data.
- Manage projects with external labs and assay transfers.
- Review internally / externally-generated analytical data for accuracy.
- Maintain detailed records in electronic lab notebook and sample management system.
- Evaluate and facilitate adoption of new technology / equipment to expand the capabilities of the Assays group.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry, specifically in developing bioassay protocols.
- Experience with cell and molecular biology techniques, including ELISA / MSD, Western blot, mammalian cell culture, and other gene / protein expression assays.
- Experience with plate-based readers and analysis software, such as SoftMax Pro, BioTek Gen5, GraphPad Prism, and Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly as it relates to the accuracy and precision of assays.
- Experience with assay qualification and validation in a GLP environment is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision after initial training.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task activities to effectively manage workflows and deliverables.
- Strong team orientation, with excellent written and oral communication skills.